Believe it or not Far North Queensland is one of the many wine regions in Australia. Most of the Cairns Region Wineries are located a short driving distance from Cairns and take a minimum 30 minutes by car and a maximum of 2 hours. It's not only a great way to explore the local wines but also a great way to discover the surrounding Cairns area.
You won't actually find vineyards up here, but you'll find fruit orchards full of mangos, bananas, lychees, pineapples, passionfruit and all the tropical fruits you can imagine. All made into some great tasting fruit wines.
Take a drive to some of these Cairns Region Wineries on a scenic day trip:
- Golden Pride Winery - 227 Bilwon Road, Mareeba
- De Bruey Boutique Wines - 189 Fichera Road, Mareeba
- Murdering Point Winery - 161 Murdering Point Road, Silkwood
- Shannonvale Tropical Fruit Winery - 417 Shannonvale Road, Mossman
- Atherton Tableland Australian Tropical Bushfood Orchard - 611 Brooks Rd, Mungalli
- Paradise Estate Wines - 6 - 3 Dewar Street, Mission Beach
- Sunset Ridge – 152 Eastern Connection, Yungaburra
Or maybe wine is not your thing. How about trying some local brews at some of Cairns Region Breweries? If you’re looking to discover your next favourite watering hole and some great tasting craft beers, here’s some inspiration:
- The Green Ant Cantina Microbrewery/Brewpub - 183 Bunda Street, Parramatta Park
- Coral Sea Brewing Microbrewery/Brewpub - 40 Lakes Street, Cairns City
- Barrier Reef Brewing Microbrewery/Brewpub – 2/17 Johnston Street, Cairns
- Macalister Brewing Microbrewery/Brewpub - 6 Danbulan Street, Smithfield
- Hemingway’s Brewery - Reef Marina, 44 Wharf St, Port Douglas and opening soon in Cairns.
There's no better location to spend your holiday! The Cairns Region in Far North Queensland has something to offer everyone, with a thriving foodie scene. Come and indulge yourself in the relaxed atmosphere of Bellevue at Trinity Beach fully self contained apartments and the relaxed atmosphere of Trinity Beach. BOOK NOW